Penspen has been providing engineering and project management, total programme management, asset management, asset integrity and training services to the energy industry worldwide for over 60 years. Originally founded in the UK in 1954 as Spencer & Partners, the company has now grown to include over 800 engineers with major offices in London, Houston,Bangkok and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: PMC Construction Manager
- Penspen have a challenging and substantial, long term opportunity on a project that we are about to start in Nigeria. This is a gas pipeline focused development and Penspen would be undertaking it in conjunction with our Nigerian JV associate on behalf of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC). We are seeking an accomplished PMC Construction Manager for the overall project.
- This PMC project involves delivering Project Management Support (PMS) to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), its Joint Venture Partners’ and EPC contractor’s activities, from conception to the commissioning stages for four (4) critical gas development projects including HSE, Security and Community relations.
- A minimum of a B.Sc degree in Mechanical or Civil/ Structural Engineering.
- Very wide ranging experience in oil & gas onshore /offshore engineering including extensive exposure to construction projects of a value of US $500 million or more.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential for this project.
- Eleven (11) weeks on / Two (2) weeks off rotation, i.e. Four (4) return trips per year.
- Five (5) working days per week / Eight (8) working hours per day (in-country).
- Oversee all aspects of construction within the gas pipeline projects.
- Provide constructability input into all project design work.
- Support and promote cost reduction and other project deliverables.
- Ensure all relevant resources are applied to meet project needs within the core groups.
- Work mostly performed in NNPC Abuja office, Nigeria.
- Occasional visits to project work sites in country will be required.