Progressive – Our client, a large Multinational Oil and Gas company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dive Lead
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
Work Schedule: Rotation 4 wks on/4 wks off
- Our client, has an opening for a Dive Lead to be based in Nigeria offshore on a 4/4 rotation.
- The contract length for this position would be 12 months.
- Serve as primary interface with Installation Contractor/Diving Sub-Contractor on matters related to diving scope of work.
- Monitor the diving contractor to ensure diving operations are conducted safely and appropriately in compliance with contractual agreement
- Provide diving technical support to the installation team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor contractor performance and ensure specifications / approved procedures are followed
- Assist Management with planning, procedure review and technical support of matters involving diving
- Stewards in the management of change process
- Undertakes daily walk through observations of operational areas to check on progress, safety and housekeeping
- Participates in the development of all SIMOPs documents to ensure that all parties have a clear understanding of diving activities and their impact on adjacent work activities
- Keeps a detailed diary covering the activities offshore with reference to any specific messages, e-mails or telephone conversations
- Monitors the contractor to ensure compliance with diving legislation, Oil & Gas Producers (OGP) Diving recommended practice and industry best practices, such as IMCA
- Monitor certain diving activities such as supervisor/diver communications, diver video monitoring, ROV/Diver SIMOPS, diver/crane operations, bell deployment/recovery, diving suitability to environmental conditions and vessel movement
- Monitor the dive team for competence, knowledge and skill proficiency
- Review of Contractor’s diving logs and daily reports
- Responsible for the emergency response and incident reporting for DCIs and treatment protocols
- Participate in the Dive Contractors investigation of all diving or diving related incidents and root cause investigations
- Supervise the diving closeout reporting requirements
- Develop company’s lessons learned on project completion
- Attends vessel safety meetings, the daily vessel meeting and tool box talks to ensure there is a clear understanding of the activities that are to be performed
- Relay all relevant Safety Alerts with the Contractor and the Dive Team
- Conduct diving plant and equipment audits ensuring all relevant certification and audits are in date and that any close-out actions from those audits have been carried out
- Ensures that any issues evaluated during the HAZID/HIRA process or which are raised during safety meetings are closed out prior to the start of the work
- Review Contractors diving personnel certifications and qualifications
- Acts as the focal point between the operator and the contractor particularly for SIMOPS and Permit to Work (PTW).
- Informs Management about progress and planning using DPRs and e-mail/telephone updates
- Arranges logistical support as required for helicopter/supply vessel/personnel movements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in offshore commercial diving and supervision in support of oil and gas industry
- Knowledge and understanding of industry diving standards, processes, regulations, and safety awareness programs
- Attended a Diving Worksite Representative training course accredited by an operator member of the Association of Oil and Gas Producers (OGP).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If this is of interest to you, please apply with your most up to date CV ASAP.