CornerStone Staffing – Our client, an innovative blue-chip company, is looking to engage dynamic, self- motivated individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vendor Reconciliation Specialist
- Working within the Vendor Management team, the Vendor Reconciliation Specialist is responsible for the processing and payment of large volume of external vendor reimbursements according to Service Level timing.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a high volume environment, preferably in the area of Audit, Accounts Payable or Treasury.
- ACA or ACCA qualifications
- Previous experience within a Reconciliation, Cash Control, or Settlement environment
- A business-related bachelor’s degree (or higher) preferably in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University.
- Master’s Degree is a plus
Skills and Competencies:
- Able to summarize facts, variables, alternatives, and potential outcomes to assist decisions-making.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to question assumptions and identify opportunities within existing practices and results driven.
- Demonstrates a big picture understanding of the business, its interrelationships and priorities.
- Demonstrates a willingness to examine own position and accept input from others.
- Demonstrates strong project management capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform periodic settlements of Vendor’s balances considering all the documents and transactions applicable for the period.
- Review vendor invoices and provide Finance with insights into billing variances.
- Manage effective communication and cooperate with internal departments (Finance / Treasury / Operations)
- Participate in, and at times lead, daily huddles between the Finance Group and vendor team to discuss priorities for the day, issues identified and review daily processing metrics
- Assist with risk management and the on-going monitoring of performance SLAs for the vendor team
- Responsible for applying judgment and discretion as they ensure the validity and appropriateness of each payment they process