APM Terminals Recruitment for Security Officers
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
We are looking for:
- Requires minimum Bachelor Degree/HND in any field/Certificate qualification
- Requires a proven record of 3-4 years of Security related experience preferably from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Control and Supervision of security activities of contract staff within the terminal.
- Inspect the guards’ log of entry and exit of personnel, materials, vehicles and stores at the commencement of duty and at the end of duty.
- Definition of security needs of guards at various beats and enforce discipline.
- Take timely situation report and monitor patrol points of all patrol teams, gets feedback from them and document same.
- Information Management. Ensure that all information received is logged and reported in a professional and efficient manner.
- Make periodic rounds of security guard posts to check alertness and compliance of guards’ standing order.
- General patrol of the terminal.
- Spot inspection checks on all security activities in the terminal and adjoining areas.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly report of activities of security interest.
- Provision of regular suggestions on improvement of Security on the terminal.
- Gathering of intelligence on issue of security interest and forwarding same to appropriate authority.
- Investigation of Security breaches and reporting same to the Supervisor.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment.
- Enforcement of company security rules and regulations.
- Performing any other function as may be desired by the appropriate authority.
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
Deadline: 7th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online