Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: inclusive finance, health, gender, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
We are recruiting full-time candidates to impelment its activities under an upcoming USAID-funded project in Nigeria in the capacity below:
Job Title: Finance Specialist
Job ID: 2018-1339
- Five years of experience designing and implementing access to finance programs in Nigeria
- Experience in designing and delivering training and technical assistance for banks and financial institutions on SME financing
- Experience providing hands-on technical assistance to agri-businesses and SMEs to support financing (e.g., developing a business plan, cash/flow statements)
- Advanced degree in relevant field (Accounting, Finance, MBA, or other)
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in French, preferred.
- Experience working with USAID or other international donor-funded projects
- Knowledge of and experience with SME financing, trade finance, and agricultural lending programs in Nigeria
- Identify bank partners interested in lending to the agriculture sector; structure partnership agreements, develop monitoring tools, and provide technical assistance and training to bank staff.
- Identify agri-businesses and SMEs seeking debt/equity financing and support their financial needs to access investment.
- Support the development of SME business plans, cash/flow statements and other financial documents to secure short- and long-term financing.
- Provide thought leadership on innovative mechanisms to increase access to finance for SMEs, women-owned businesses and exporters.
- Design and implement technical interventions to catalyze financing for small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and agri-businesses.
- Build the capacity of Nigerian business service advisory (BDS) firms in financial analysis, business planning, and general financial assistance to SMEs and agribusinesses.
Salary commensurate with background and experience.
Application Deadline 30th April, 2018.