Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
- The Financial Accountant at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited, would be expected to prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information for internal and external stakeholders; and to oversee responsible utilization of Sahel resources.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related course.
- Professional qualification – in accounting or finance (Preferably ACA).
- Financial management and financial reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Knowledge of various financial reporting forms – an advantage
- Knowledge of consulting based accounting and experience with developed consulting firms is a plus
- Strong personal integrity and accountability
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Peachtree, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Entering accurate and timely transaction information into Sahel’s accounting system
- Reviewing payment request including travel advances and reconciliation documents and ensure compliance with Sahel’s policies
- Preparing financial reports for internal and external use on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Processing checks and expenditure (travel advances, imprest and purchase requisition)
- Participating in internal and external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanations for audit queries
- Managing compliance with Nigerian tax laws
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
- Working with Team Member and Management to implement grant tracking/monitoring system, monitoring grant expenditures in order to identify any irregularities.
- Managing payroll for staff and expense reimbursements for all staff
- Preparing cash flow statements and expenditure accounts
- Maintaining financial documents and a robust filing system
- Monitoring cash flow and work closely with the Accounting Team and Management to manage shortfalls/ surpluses
- Analyzing variances and explore potential problems with project budget, working closely with staff to forecast and address any variances
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document (consisting of Cover Letter and CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Application Deadline 4th May, 2018.
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications
- Applicants are strongly advised not to do phone calls.