The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Head Supply Chain
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Lead the Supply Chain team and provide leadership and direction on all Supply Chain activities across IITA.
- Manage the Supply Chain operations within Ibadan namely; Procurement, Stores and Shipping.
- Integrate Africa Stations into overall supply chain management concepts. Provide leadership and direction in the creation of ‘Regional Hub’ supply chain management functions.
- Manage the UK International Procurement Office (IITA Ltd) as a self-sustaining and self-financing part of IITA.
- Implement on-going Supply Chain training programs and initiatives to significantly upgrade the capability of staff within the unit and stations for trained staff to initiate additional ‘value adding’ strategies and tactics for IITA.
- Lead, coordinate and monitor the implementation of Institute wide annual procurement plan.
- Direct, coordinate, assign, monitor and review the work of individuals engaged in supply chain related duties.
- Oversee Institute wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting, and evaluation of services.
- Implement the overall Supply Chain strategy as set out in the strategic plan in line with delivering ongoing value.
- Manage / coordinate the operations planning process including supply / demand forecasting, inventory management, and on time delivery.
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations to improve services and prepare for further growth of the Institute.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Implement and improve on already developed Key Performance Indicators across the whole supply chain which drives value in line with the ‘Balanced Scorecard’ approach.
- Master’s Degree in Purchasing & Supply or related field, CIPSM or CIPS (UK) or ACA is an added advantage with minimum experience of Fifteen (15) years performing similar functions in a structured organisation.
- Proven ability to lead teams, focused on delivering change and improvement across partnerships and organizational boundaries.
- Commercially astute with strong leadership and strategic thinking capability.
- Ability to initiate, develop and implement effective strategies with clear goals and to make clear, informed, appropriate and timely decisions together with an ability to challenge poor service delivery and does not accept sub-standard products/outcomes.
- Effective negotiating and presentational skills.
- Excellent communication skills to relate effectively and professionally to clients, employees, service managers, Institute members, the general public and other stakeholders and command their respect, trust and confidence.
- Confidently debates issues in an engaging and persuading manner. Proactive in openly and honestly sharing information. Sound knowledge of logistics and international trading practices. Working knowledge of International Organization and/or CGIAR procurement rules and procedures will be added advantage.
- Financial and commercial awareness, with strong analytical skills and an excellent aptitude for developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Planning, prioritizing, persevering and delivering improvements to achieve objectives within timescales.
- Ability to explore innovative and creative means of delivering improved service outcomes through effective resource utilization, whilst minimizing risk and maintaining a focus on delivering business as usual.
- Ability to provide visible and supportive leadership, empowering, motivating and developing staff and fostering a positive organizational culture focusing on delivering improved outcomes for service users.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline 24th April, 2018.