Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical HIV/AIDS Advisor, ART
Job ID: 13-9987
Reports To: Associate Director Technical Services
- The overall objective is to provide technical leadership to the USAID funded MSH CaTSS in supporting the Clinical management of HIV (adult and Pediatric) clients, opportunistic infections and prophylaxis, and TB-HIV Co-infection to strengthen integrated delivery of sustainable health services in partnership with the state government and other partners in supported states.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate shall possess a postgraduate degree in Medicine or Public Health with extensive experience working on HIV/AIDS treatment programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Demonstrable experience in advanced ART and AIDS palliative care is a must.
- The candidate shall in addition have at least 2-years’ experience in program management at a senior level.
- Experience in operations research and health system strengthening shall be an added advantage.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies.
- Spearheading the strategic design and implementation of Comprehensive Care and Treatment services including ART and TB/HIV services under the CaTSS project in Nigeria
- Liaise with other team members and ensure delivery of integrated service and one continuum of care
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with CaTSS management to document and publish best practices.
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Take Programmatic responsibility for the functioning of the care and treatment M&E system.
- Advocate for joint TB-HIV prevention and control
- Be part of the State capacity building and supervisory team providing inputs for quality ART and TB-HIV service delivery
- Mentor and provide technical leadership and support to the State clinical Care Specialists and related staff.
- Ensure timely relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Represent MSH CaTSS project at Technical Meetings/ National TWGS
Application Deadline 13th April, 2018.