SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Manager
Reference Number: SAB-423
Location: Osun – Ilesa
Work Level: Management
- Opportunity exists at International Breweries Plc, Ilesa for an Environmental Manager reporting to the Plant Manager.
- The Environmental Manager will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, conservation and renewable energy in the plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Bio-science, Ecology, Environmental Science/Mgt. or Equivalents
- M.Sc/MBA will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification.
- 3 – 4 years of experience as Environmental Manager/Coordinator in a Brewery or FMCG environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to think effectively and able to work under pressure
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to manage projects as well as produce and deliver presentations
- Ability to understand and utilize systems to carry out problem solving
- Excellent skills to Stimulate and manage change
- High level of commercial awareness and an understanding of business
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Environmental Manager will:
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- Write environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility with the company
- Set organizational sustainability targets, and develop plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Facilitate the identification, selection and implementation of plant improvement projects
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and international regulation and legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Audit, analyze and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organization’s environmental risks and financial cost
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organization on the environment
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues