Syngenta – We are a business that helps humanity face its toughest challenge: how to feed a rising population, sustainably. Our world class science and innovative crop solutions transform how crops are grown to enable millions of growers to make better use of available resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Key Accounts Manager
Job ID: 1801275
- Achieve the revenue and volume targets for the assigned region.
- Promote Syngenta solutions with channel partners, key producers and influencers within the assigned Territory
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights.
- Execute the Go To Market strategy within the assigned region
- Ensure superior execution of Syngenta Marketing and Sales Strategy in the assigned region through distribution partners, retailers and sales executives.
- Build sustainable relationship and networks to drive Syngenta products to the end user.
Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities
Critical Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Minimum of B.Sc. or B.A Degree
- Knowledge of the agricultural sales environment desirable, including customer set up, distribution networks etc.
- Proven track record in sales with over 5 years of sales specific experience
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, structure and business drivers
- Effective communication and presentation
- Negotiation and influencing
- Language skills – must be proficient and fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of regional language is a bonus.
- Good understanding of the local sales environment.
- Computer skills; competency in Microsoft Office
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Sets ambitious strategic goals
- Develops people, organization and self
- Collaborates across boundaries
- Strong team player
- Communicates with impact
- Leads change
- Builds a culture of innovation
- Focuses on customers
- Manages for performance
Critical technical and professional capabilities:
- Delivers distinctive value proposition to customer
- Understands customer needs
- Has deep knowledge of customer management
- Analytical thinking
- Influencing and negotiation
Territorial Business Accountabilities:
Overall Crop Protection (CP) Business Delivery:
- Seeds through KAM, finance and facilitating CP demand and sales in collaboration with CU.
- Manage and direct KAM business strategies and plans consistent with overall marketing and sales strategy
- Develop and direct business strategies and plans to achieve the agreed profit and volume goals for the (relevant) seed key account distributors, consistent with overall sales and marketing strategy.
- Manage and develop high level of service delivery towards targeted Key Customers as well as investigate ways to improve customer SOW
- Business analysis of key accounts segments with reference and benefit to Syngenta
- Market insights and trends of the agrochemical industry
- Support with training and capability upskilling of the sales team.
- Build and maintain right relationships along Value chain to drive business growth
- Assist and support the veg importer/key accounts (dealer, agent, and grower) in terms of technical support, recommendations and training.
- Alignment internally within CU and reporting to BD
- Identify, define, establish and maintain influential relationships with relevant institutes and key veg. crop value opinion leaders.
- Market / biz intel, Tech support through partners / CU, training – customers etc
- Manage and develop, Market