Corona Schools Trust Council – The focus of the Corona Schools’ Trust Council is the development of world-class schools. World class in all facets of our operations – curriculum, teaching methodologies, staff quality, libraries, technology, buildings, resources, facilities, management and so on. In order to sustain our mission to deliver world- class education to children inculcate high moral and ethical values as we prepare them for a life of service and fulfilment, we have embarked on a number of school improvement initiatives in recent years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning Support Teacher
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher, to provide general support to the teacher in the care of students and management of the classroom
- To provide support in literacy / numeracy / Special Educational Needs strategies
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace.
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Support recording within lessons, if required to support learning or complete assessments
- Ensure student can access curriculum
- Establish positive relationships with student and monitor well-being
- Support students in tutorial time, following prescribed programmes
- Actively monitor and support the learning and progress of all Special Educational Needs students in the class
- Support the development and implementation of targets for individuals/groups of students
- Assist in promoting positive pupil behaviour
- Participate in planning and evaluating learning through feedback/liaison with the teacher
- The ideal candidate will possess B.Ed Special Education/Learning Disability with at least 2 years cognate experience and must reside at Apapa and its environ.
- Child friendliness and pleasant disposition
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Well-modulated voice and good diction
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Poise and professional appearance
Deadline: 13th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should sendd their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org