SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Business Partner, Commercial
Reference Number: ABI115
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Work Level: Mid-Level
- Career opportunity exist for a highly skilled and result driven People Business Partner, Commercial for our Port Harcourt Plant reporting directly to the People Director, West Africa.
- The successful candidate will supports the Commercial function in the delivery of tactical objectives through the development of solutions to people issues, relationship building and provision of specialist HR knowledge and advice.
Amongst other duties, the job holder will:
- Ensure the overall health of talent and people practices in the various departments
- Establish/monitor the HR processes throughout the year and coach the line managers
- Ensure excellent execution of the HR processes within the various departments
- Translating business needs into clearly articulated and actionable organisation and people plans, informing the year-on-year Capability Strategy for the departments
- Diagnose business performance problems and collaborate with specialist teams to create effective and integrated HR solutions for teams & individuals
- Provide feedback to specialist teams about HR solution effectiveness and work with them as appropriate to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Monitor organisation performance & provide data for the people/organisation scorecard
- Meet local delivery needs (e.g. employee relations/industrial relations, statutory/regulatory requirements) pulling on specialists and others as required.
- Participate in the governance of HR Operations to define and review the quality and the cost of the service provided
- Ensure data integrity of SAP HR information at local level
- Provide input to Regional Business Partner to agree on the organisation/ people agenda in the various departments
- Encourage and monitor use of tools, evaluate competency gaps and communicate to L&D
- Develop coaching skills within line managers by providing tools and observing and providing feedback
- Recruit deliberately for competencies as observed through the Recruitment Process & EVP
- Actively participating in the meetings of the Level 3 departments
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant HR or Business-related field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in Human Resources.
- Experience in FMCG is preferred but not essential.
Key competencies and attributes:
- HR Generalist Experience
- Analysis & diagnostic investigation
- Credibility & presence
- Communication skills
- Business Acumen and Attention to detail/ accuracy/ timeliness
- Stakeholder/ relationship management and Customer focused