Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant 7 / Program Assistant – SHOPS Plus
Ref Id: 53402
- Abt Associates seeks a Program Assistant to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas.
- In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, at least 3 years’ experience providing administrative support for managers and/or teams
- Previous experience with USAID projects or other agencies preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communications skills in Arabic and English
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft applications
- (3+) years of experience Or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will provide a full range of administrative support for technical team including:
- Preparing and managing schedules
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Official correspondence and follow-up
- Organizing logistics for training and other events
- Tracking budgets, managing cash advances and obtaining receipts
- Maintaining excellent documentation and filing
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.