Sexual and Reproductive Health Trainer Job at Medecins Du Monde
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sexual and Reproductive Health Trainer (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Violence in the northeast of the country has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement. It has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities. Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno state.
- As of 3rd August, 1.82 million people are estimated to be displaced within/from of Borno state, from which 1.63 million actually stayed within the state . Most of them (more than 1.2m) are living in Maiduguri with the host community and others in formal and informal camps.
MdM has started since October 2016 an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state. In 2017, MdM strategy in Borno state will focus on improving access to:
- Free comprehensive PHC services;
- Quality nutrition treatment for malnourished children;
- Mental health and psychosocial support;
- Lifesaving medical care, holistic referral services for survivors of gender based violence.
- Midwife or a Nursing with Midwifery Diploma
- Public health certificate/training is an added value
- At least 2 years of professional experience as midwife
- Previous experience with an I.NGO
- Relevant qualifications in emergency sexual and reproductive health and development activities
- Ability to create tools and monitoring process
- Excellent organisational, training and coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Languages: English fluent
- Good knowledge of Pack Office
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non statutory, NFP model.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Under the responsibility of the health program coordinator, you are responsible for overseeing the quality and technical aspects of the sexual and reproductive health program, through formal and on-the-job training and supervision, and other methods.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Work in close collaboration with other MdM trainers to implement trainings according to technical needs in each medical activity
- Oversee the quality of the midwives activities and ensure that they are trained to deal with cases of gender based violence
- Identify needs of trainings for all healthcare staff, with a focus on midwives, and ensure formal and informal trainings
- Organize/Participate to triage activities in the clinic in collaboration with expatriate midwife(s) and nurse/nutritionist
- Manage directly the sexual and reproductive health supervisor and identify needs of training
- Conduct trainings and follow up for health care workers and community health volunteers on all aspects
- Ensure direct care to patients when necessary
- Support the referral of medical cases under supervision of the medical supervisor in accordance with the MdM referral guidelines
- Organize the weekly activities schedule in collaboration with the other trainers
- Adhere to the MdM procedures for management of pharmaceuticals in the field
- Monitor the quality of the prescriptions given by the clinic doctors
- Ensure that the monitoring of program activities are developed and implemented
- Ensure SRH data collection, reporting and communication from daily health activities & pharmaceutical data regarding SRH
- Compile and computerize midwives data for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports
- Attend to external medical meetings upon request
Conditions of Employment
- Status: Employee Contract : Fixed term contract
- Duration: 6 months
- Starting date: March 2018
- Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to Damboa
- 2,546 Euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost (homework), vaccines and visas covered
- 22.5 RTT per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Deadline: 1st July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Telephone applications will not be accepted
- Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.