John Snow Incorporated (JSI), is a public health research and technical assistant firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria office.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capacity Building Advisor
- JSI is seeking to recruit qualified candidate to fill the position of Capacity Building Advisor to provide leadership on all aspects of family planning (FP) supply chain (SC) capacity building to ensure the deveJopment of the UNFPA logistics workforco.
- Based on the results of the project’s rapid assessment, help to create tools and processes to facilitate the routine review and use of data to make evidence-based decisions in order to build critical data management which can be fully leveraged once an automated system becomes available via NAVISION/full NSCIP implementation.
- The advisor will support and strengthen the capacity and processes sf5 State FP coordinators and the State Logistics Management Coordination Unit (LMCU) coordinators to access and use FP logistics data from health facilities.
- Master’s Degree in International Adult Education, Human Resource Development, Public Administration, Organization Development, Public Health, or related field preferred. Experience in human resource planning, strategy, and policy in developing countries desirable
- Proven ability to interact professionally and effectively with host government officials and UNFPA.
- Proficiency in common software packages relevant to the work. Experience with UNFPA and/or other donor-funded programs desired.
- Four or more years experience in adult performance Improvement program design and delivery mandatory, including training of trainers, administration, implementation, and detailed curriculum development.
- Experience working in family planning, health care, and/or logistics with field experience in developing countries.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in French and English.
- Supporting States to implement the plans created from the project rapid assessment activity.
- Coordinating and collaborating with relevant senior technical advisors, program officers, and other members on the project team to ensure quality delivery of capacity building interventions.
- Presenting country and technical debriefings; attending debriefings from others,
- Drafting trip, technical, and progress reports for activities for designated States.
- Serving as a project, or country team resource in the area of capacity building.
- Support UNFPA staff to set up basic tools and systems to facilitate route collection and review of data.
- Work with UNFPA staff to visit States for State and Local Government Area (LGA) workshop every month/fortnight to review data sent by States.
- Practice interpretation of data and use for decision making during monthly/fortnightly State meetings.
- Work with State Ministry of Health (SMOH) partners to identify, develop and implemenplans to address staffing needs to support supply chain functions.
- Developing innovative approaches to support the development of local sustainable capacity to strengthen in country family planning supply chains.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters to: email@example.com The job title should be the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2018.