IROKO is Africa’s leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world’s largest online catalogue of African content, totaling 10,000+ hours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Office Manager
- IROKO is on the lookout for an experienced HR and Office Manager at our Lagos offices, with outstanding organisational skills and second to none attention to detail.
- They will support the Lagos based team in all day to day HR tasks including payroll, pensions, benefits ownership and will work closely with the Global HR team on a range of global projects and reports.
- This role will work closely with the Finance team and report directly into the CEO and CFO.
- You will act as the sole point of contact for all HR support. Processing all new starters, probationary and leavers documentation.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- At least 5+ years’ of generalist HR experience.
- Solution oriented with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Focused on building strong and effective working relationships.
- Focused on continuous improvement and development, both personally and on behalf of the company.
- Highly numerate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes on board feedback and is proactive in acting on flagged areas for development.
- B.Sc. degree desirable but not required.
- Experienced in working with International Businesses is preferred.
- HR Professional qualification essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken.
- Proactive, commercial and customer focused.
- Organisational awareness.
- Problem solving/decision making.
- Second to none attention to detail in every aspect of their role.
- Provide accurate payroll information for the office to the finance department to ensure payroll is run accurately and in a timely manner including adding new starters, removing leavers and approving all net salaries.
- Ensuring that all HR Policies and Procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Working closely with the global HR team in London, and New York on all Global HR issues.
- Ownership of all Lagos office Health & Safety Inductions and making sure the Company is legally compliant.
- Manage and oversee staff induction, probation and professional development.
- Working closely with the finance team on any financial indicators for HR.
- Dealing with any Employee Relations issues, grievances, investigations etc for the Lagos office.
- Dealing with any other Ad Hoc or office management duties specified by the CEO and CFO.
- Ownership of all HR, financial, pensions and benefits administration and reporting as well as HR System maintenance.
- Manage all new starters/leavers paperwork and documents.
- Track staff sick days and holiday and take action when needed.
- Ownership of all recruitment needs in the Lagos office from resume approval to interviews and offers.
- Process office invoices and payments.
- Keeping the Employee cost list up to date.
- Managing and driving the Performance Review process, issuing timely reminders and guidance to Staff Partners and managers as appropriate and collate training needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 10th May, 2018.