Latest Job Opening in a Reputable Large Bank
GVA Partners – Our client, a large Bank, Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Developer
- The application developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the group.
- This role is best suited to candidates with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based solutions with technologies like JAVA, .NET and related technologies and also strong in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server development, SQL and Oracle Databases.
- The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- Must have an understanding of agile methodology, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
Experience and Qualifications
Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B. S, B.A), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar disciplines.
- 5 – 8 years delivery experience with Java or . NET technologies
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- 5+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment.
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET.
- 2-5 years’ delivery experience with Java.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Extensive experience in the use of Oracle Database.
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred.
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience.
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g .; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows.
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/ application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
People Management and Development:
The successful will also be required to possess the following:
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics
- The candidate will be responsible to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization, and in addition gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements – This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications
- Deep familiarity with SDLC and development technologies such as waterfall, agile and Lean methodologies etc.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required, DB2 a plus).
- Experience with reporting software and automated testing tools such as Test Director, Katalon etc.
- Extensive experience with reporting software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies.
- Programming experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years
Deadline: 24th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV’s in MS Word format to: email@example.com and reference firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease, state the position you are applying for in the subject field of the mail.