Lead Pipeline Engineer Job at Penspen Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Pipeline Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Project Duration estimated to be 12 to 14 months
- Work / Leave Rotation – Eleven (11) weeks on / Two (2) weeks off
- Five (5) working days per week / Eight (8) working hours per day (in-country).
- Work primarily performed at Client’s office location in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Based in Lagos (Nigeria), this role will embedded in a project involving the development, production and roll out of Engineering General Specifications (EGS) for the National Oil Corporation covering its upstream, midstream and downstream engineering activities.
- The EGS will specify the characteristics and technical details for the products, systems and processes that these standards cover.
Qualifications, Skill & Accomplishments
- A relevant Engineering Degree, or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical of Chemical Engineering.
- Extensive pipeline engineering experience within the oil & gas industry, with considerable and demonstrable background as Lead Engineer.
- Demonstrable oil & gas pipeline design experience (onshore & offshore), in-depth knowledge of international pipeline codes and standards and previous involvement in the development of pipeline engineering specifications and standards is essential.
- Good written and spoken English language communication skills are absolutely necessary for consideration.
Following will be provided in the employment package:
- International immigration costs, i.e. Work Permit Visa (TWP, STR) / vaccinations and inoculations / all local immigration and work permit costs.
- Economy Flights paid to Nigerian airport (Lagos) from home location for four (4) return trips over the duration of project year.
- In-country accommodation (including house rent, electricity, local landline, utilities, house keeper, security).
- In-country transportation and travel to/from Nigerian airport (Lagos) and to/from home office location for the duration of the Contract (including, but not limited to, taxis, hire/purchase of 4WD vehicle type, driver, regular and major maintenances, fuel, armed security, insurance, etc.);
- Medical and repatriation insurance.
- Any Nigerian salary tax such as PIT (Personal Income Tax) and other national health insurance contributions that might be applicable if more than 183 days per year are spent in-country.
Major Facets of the Role
- Member and Lead Pipeline Engineer within the project execution team.
- Championing achievement of all project objectives including safety, cost, schedule, security, risk and quality
- Supporting project interface management.
- Reviewing the EGS deliverable expectation list and scope, to deliver Project objectives.
- Preparing and developing Engineering General Specifications (EGS) for the Client to cover upstream, midstream and downstream pipeline engineering activities relating to the oil and gas industry
- Maximising the use of local regulations to ensure that quality, integrity and intended or specified purpose of all project work is not compromised.
Deadline: 1st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online