IROKO is Africa’s leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world’s largest online catalogue of African content, totaling 10,000+ hours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Planner
- As one of our Programme Planners, you will be responsible for executing the planning strategy for a set of channels within our portfolio and for releasing the monthly schedules in a timely manner.
- To be successful in this role it is essential to have a passion and deep knowledge of Nollywood movies.
- You must be proactive and process minded with meticulous attention to detail.
- This is a fantastic role for someone looking to work for a fast paced, successful and exciting international organisation within the media industry.
- Preferably you would also have a TV/project planning background.
- Very good knowledge of office tools, including the sheets.
- You will have proven communication skills and be highly organised with the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate workflow in a pressured and constantly changing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the planning strategy set by the Head of Programming for a selection of channels
- Enter plans into scheduling system and release monthly schedules
- Be the point of contact for the scheduling team, compliance, traffic, play out and all other departments regarding any day to day issues that may arise
- Update traffic minutes, check delivery dates and act when needed
- Deal with day to day programming enquiries
- Attend meetings and perform other duties as and when required.
- Take responsibility for the timely release of the plans
- Ensure all planning is in line with local regulatory guidelines
- Process schedule changes and inform all stakeholders
- Monitor inventories and rights
- Keep all associated documentation
- Create PowerPoint presentation of channel highlights when required
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 15th May, 2018.