Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WECA Distribution Manager
Job Type: Full time
- Ensure strict compliance to KC safety Standards and ensure all logistics and distribution activities adhere with environmental legislation, as well as complying with health and safety requirements.
- Manage and control Warehousing expense through control to budget standards and providing cost monitoring and timely reporting of information. Manage all elements of cost while ensuring flexibility is maximised and service levels for both internal and external customers are met.
- Provide highest performance in customer service through maintaining a DC to DC relationship with customers, prioritising resources to meet service and measuring and maximising delivery performance against available stock.
- Provide appropriate short and medium term resources through manpower and equipment requirements planning and manage the installation of new and replacement equipment.
- Lead a team of staff and operating labour in all the DC engaged and oriented to achievement of objectives and continual improvement by managing industrial relations driving performance management and fostering a Lean culture.
- Ensure that the quality of products that are stored and shipped to the customers are not compromised through poor handling.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications
- Due to the resignation of the incumbent to pursue other personal ambition outside of KC, there is an immediate need to replace this role before the expiration of the notice period as provided by the terms of employment. This role is based in Nigeria but oversees the Distribution activities in Nigeria and Kenya and manages the Distribution team and third party Logistics service providers that handles our inventory which is valued at about average of $5mio per month and our monthly Local Sales volume of average of $2.5mio in addition to and collaborating effectively and engaging with external logistics governmental and non-governmental regulatory bodies in the logistics space in the countries of presence.
- The role is overall responsible for managing distribution end-to-end operations that maximise performance in safety, quality, service and cost efficiency.
- The position leads a team of Finished Goods Controllers/Logistics officers, Support Roles, 3PL service providers in Nigeria and Kenya and is responsible for warehousing, Shipment to local and Export Customers, and optimal resources utilisation to meet our cost transformation objectives, Inventory Records Accuracy, First-Time-Right, On-time-in-full(OTIF) and other cost optimisation metrics within the Supply Chain.
- Our Growth ambition in WECA of achieving NSV ~$60m,OG 61% and GM 12.3% requires a well coordinated Distribution team that must ensure that orders are satisfied correctly from both main DC’s in Kenya and Nigeria to local Customers and export customers in WECA countries.
- The Distribution Manager WECA is accountable for the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods to all our Local distributors in Nigeria and Kenya as well as our Export Customers from the Nigerian Export business.
- The role Manages and controls Warehousing expense through control to budget standards and providing cost monitoring and timely reporting of information. Manages all elements of cost while ensuring flexibility is maximised and service levels for both internal and external customers are met at minimum cost-to serve.
- At least 10 years experience in leading logistics operations.
- At least 5 years experience managing FMCG logistics operations.
- Developed understanding of logistics execution in sophisticated ERP.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organisation, including senior management.
- Understanding of OHS regulatory requirements.
- Capability to effectively lead a remote team.
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Studies in a logistics or related field.
- SAP background and experience.
- WMS experience.
- Experience in a K-C facility.