2019 – 2020 Scholarship Program at Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) – Our founder and principals are leading figures from business, government and academic life. Together, we share a strong vision for the future of African governance and the potential of our continent and its people. Although our goals are ambitious, we believe that with the knowledge and expertise of our Board of Directors and our Advisors, we will ultimately achieve our objectives.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019 – 2020
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019 – 2020 Every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector. The AIG Scholarships are full scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- You must be between the ages of 25 and 35 years
- You must have achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline.
- For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0.
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
Applicants who reach the second stage of selection will be required to furnish the following additional information:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Academic Transcripts
- Academic and/or Professional References (four in total). Please note that at least two of the references must be from individuals whom you studied under at university. The references should be sent directly to AIG, and should attest to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements. (References should not be given by people who are related to the applicant.)
- Personal Essay (no more than 1500 words) covering the following:
- Why you are interested in public service and public policy; describe the specific issue(s) or problem(s) you care about, your thoughts on how this issue can be resolved and how the resolution of this issue could impact the economy as a whole.
- Why the AIG Scholarship and the MPP Programme at BSG-Oxford are important to you and how you would utilise this opportunity.
- The description of a personal challenge you have overcome or an achievement that you believe demonstrates your leadership potential, and the impact of that achievement.
- Two passport photographs
Please note that:
- An AIG Scholarship is confirmed when a successful candidate has been offered a place by BSG for the MPP programme
- Only applicants selected for the second round of the AIG Scholarships selection process will be notified, and asked to provide further information
- Scholarship winners must be prepared to undertake to return to their country of origin and work in the public sector of that country for a minimum period of three years, and be willing to sign a Bond to that effect
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline 14th September, 2018.
- On submission of your basic information, you will instantly receive an acknowledgement e-mail, from the portal containing a link that will enable you to continue the application process. You MUST click on the link (or copy and paste the URL into your browser) to continue the application. You will be automatically redirected to the application portal where you can continue and complete your application:
- Please note that you will not receive an e-mail if your e-mail address is incorrect, non-functional or has been deactivated as a result of inactivity for a long period of time. You should therefore, ensure that your e-mail account is active and open before you start your application.
- Returning applicants should click on the “Continue Application” tab on the site menu and log in with their email address and password.
- If you have any complaints or encounter any challenges in the course of your application, Please send an email to email@example.com Alternately, you may call the helpdesk on 08097178248 or send us a WhatsApp message via 08097178248.
- Please note that you will be required to upload a passport photograph with a maximum size of 50kb