Accountable, Responsive & Capable Government (ARC) – The Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL), a five-year DFID-funded programme (commenced in May 2016), supports the development of stronger public sector accountability to deliver public goods and services required for poverty reduction and growth, including to women and girls by strengthening the link between governance reforms and service delivery.
The PERL programme is delivered through three ‘pillars’: Pillar 1. Accountable, Responsive & Capable Government (ARC); Pillar 2. Engaged Citizens Pillar (ECP); and Pillar 3. Learning, Evidencing and Advocacy Partnership (LEAP).
The Accountable, Responsive & Capable Government (ARC) is seeking dynamic, dedicated and result-driven individuals to assume the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Facilitator
Locations: Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, South East Hub – Enugu and the South West Hub- Lagos
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Facilitator will be responsible for facilitating strategic and proactive delivery of all Knowledge Management and Communications related activities at the specified location of appointment.
- The facilitator will ensure that Knowledge Management and Communications systems processes and tools are well embedded and will support programme wide capacity to deliver identified outcomes.
- In addition, the KMC Facilitator will also support the delivery of location specific work plan activities lead the implementation of the programme Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) systems, strategy and processes at the delivery location, including providing support to developing location specific KMC plans and strategies that respond to Programme objectives
- Other responsibilities include Coordinate KMC and Learning activities between the location and central KMC/MEL teams other pillars partners and stakeholders, work with the central team to support cross-learning across the programme and with partners and support programme wide learning, adaptation and strategic communication, identifying, sharing an facilitating adoption of good practices and lessons.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and relevant fields, In addition, the ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience, with at least 3 years in a development programme or NGO, development communications or knowledge management.
- The ideal candidate should also have a good understanding of governance reform issues, policy formulation, learning and adaptive programming, complexity of institutional change and knowledge of political context of their locations.
- In addition, s/he should have demonstrated skills and competencies in communicating development results and developing high quality content for a targeted audience and range of stakeholders, sound information technology skills (proficiency in MS Office, applications for design, photoshop, web-based content management systems and other communication-related software).
Terms and Conditions for Employment
The position(s) are based in Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu and Lagos with frequent travel to the other programme locations. The programme offers very competitive salary packages However, local terms and conditions apply
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and an updated CV to: email@example.com using the Location as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 24th August, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews