British American Tobacco Latest Recruitment for Entry Level Warehouse Assistants
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Job Number: 2654
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- He shall be responsible for proper handling of all stocks movements and also ensure production machines do not lack any required materials
- He shall have the ability to identify good materials at their right quantity for production
- Shift working will be a feature of the job
- The main challenge for this role lies in ensuring good knowledge of Materials, Leaf and finished goods so that he/she will be able to interpret material specification sheets and finished product code so that any mistake can be identified easily.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the warehouse processes.
- A minimum of an OND in any numerical or financial courses. In addition to this, a good knowledge of computer will be an advantage.
- Experience in use of material handling equipment e.g. forklift.
- Experience in an FMCG handling large number of SKUs preferably with a manufacturing organization sufficient to demonstrate understanding of products will be added advantage
- Ensuring that accuracy data are captured and sent out to avoid unplanned costs.
- Keeping all parties updated on issue that may affect production.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Sound Analytical skills and ability to work with figures.
- Ability to work under pressure and with less supervision.
- Computer literacy sufficient to be able to perform all physical transactions in the system and sending of daily reports.
- Minimization of costs through effective use of resources.
- Proper records of all receipts and issues.
- Participate in regular spot checks on stocked items on daily basis.
- Ensure that the method of First in First out (FIFO) is strictly adhered to.
- Daily posting of material supplied on the system database module.
- Ensure Self Development by improving knowledge of the other roles in the department.
- Ensure development and implementation of Training & Development plans for self as agreed with his supervisor/manager.
- Provision of required information/data as required by the superiors.
- Minimization of cost through effective use of resources.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the warehouse at all time.
- Ensure that accurate daily stock reports are sent out to all stake holders on time.
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, Secondary Manufacturing Department (SMD), Primary Manufacturing Department (PMD) and Engineering department.
- Maintain good working relationship with our external supplier.
- Provide ways of ensuring warehouse process are followed with less difficulty.
- Provide basic store functions of receipts, storage and supplying of materials under supervision.
- Ensure under supervision the security and proper storage of company stock.
- Store stocks in well-demarcated places within the agreed incidence of stock misplacement.
- Participate in stock cycle count.
- All issues and receipts to be posted accordingly.
- Ensure that the procedure for accepting incoming materials and its supplies for production are adhered to.
- No damage or pilferage resulting from negligence or improper security or poor handling.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the stores at all times.
- Ensure gangways are clear for movement of stocks.
- All updated reports are compiled and made available on the due date.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply