Current Job Openings at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA), 15th August, 2018
ALIMA’s aim since its creation in 2009 is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
Since its creation, the association and its partners have successfully developed in line with the increase in humanitarian medical needs, especially in Western and Central Africa: 650,000 patients treated in 2015 including over 48,000 hospitalizations, new governance between the partners of the medical NGO platform in the Sahel, new innovative approaches and operational research projects. With operations in nine countries, 17 projects + 7 research projects, over 1,300 employees, ALIMA is a dynamic NGO, effectively deploying medical aid for the most vulnerable.
ALIMA is present in Nigeria since summer, 2016. Following several exploration missions and noticing critical thresholds of malnutrition (particularly in Mongono, 13% of MAS in June 2016), ALIMA decided to open a mission in the Borno State in order to implement primary health care projects and to bring nutritional assistance to IDP and host communities of two LGA, Monguno and Muna (Jere LGA).
Job Title: Storekeeper
Assist the logistics/supply supervisor with stock management (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipments and other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and ALIMA standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of ALIMA activities.
- When receiving goods, check the number of packages against the cargo manifest, check packaging and cases and inform the line manager of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Immediately after reception of goods, update stock cards and/or create stock cards for all stock items.
- Check the cold box directly on reception and control the cold chain-monitoring card.
- Prepare orders on time before sending goods, ensuring qood quality of packing material.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Keep a special control of “sensitive” goods numbers of lots, expiry dates, and packaging and special storage conditions.
- Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- Assist the line manager with preparation of the stock report.
- In conjunction with the line manager, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Responsible for monitoring the store temperature and ensure Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperatur
- Literacy essential.
- Desirable Diploma and warehouse management related studies.
Previous experience as storekeeper desirable.
Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs.
- Stress Management.
Job Title: Purchaser
These situations require appropriate medical and logistical resources. Therefore, ALIMA Nigeria’s mission is seeking to fill the position of “purchaser” based in Askira uba.
The purchaser, under the direct supervision of the Supply Supervisor and overall supervision of the Supply Manager, is responsible for procurement activities in Maiduguri. He/Her have to plan, organize procurement activities in compliance with ALIMA procedures and ensure timely delivery, reception and dispatching of goods as required.
Job Location: ASKIRA/UBA
Contract Duration: 5 months
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations;
- Process purchase orders, ensures all related information is available in the local database or filing system;
- Negotiate and purchase: spot purchase, obtain quotations, tender;
- Negotiate purchase conditions and purchase all specific goods and services as specified in the requests;
- Assist supply supervisor to clarify problematic requisition orders;
- Monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach the desired operations;
- Visit and prospect suppliers, select and evaluate their legality;
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements;
- Maintain good filing system for Internal Request files, suppliers’ files, products’ files;
- Perform any other task incidental to the above as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable;
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in a function related to the purchasing or contracting of goods and services such as procurement, transport and logistics;
- Very good command of English (oral and written) and Hausa or Kanori;
- Good computer skill MS word, MS excel.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work;
- Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities;
- Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details;
- Diplomatic, able to work in a team, under pressure in sometimes a dangerous environment;
- Good management, organizational and communication skills;
- Professionalism, integrity, interpersonal skills, goal focus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications (Resume and Cover letter) as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a hard copy at our head office in Maiduguri: Nᴼ 2 Jann Road, off Damboa Road, behind UNHCR office, Maiduguri. As a subject please use “Purchaser Askira Uba”.
ALIMA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted