Customer Service Manager Job Vacancy at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
- At least seven years or more of strong supervisory experience in container terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills combined with good counselling and listening skills.
- Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills. Also must have a working knowledge of the Pidgin English.
- Previous experience of working in a multi cultural environment is an advantage.
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk and special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of customer service
- Advanced computer skills with a sound understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems.
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluate and resolve logistical problems as they happen in order to meet operational performance objectives and deadlines.
- Have effective customer service skills.
- Provide leadership and ensure cooperation and support from employees and contractors in all areas of terminal operations to achieve operational objectives of the business using a teamwork approach.
- Work with the project team on customer experience projects to ensure successful roll out.
- Ensure successful implementation of any new process introduced by Management for Customer Service related activities.
- Performs any other related activities, as designated by the Chief Commercial Officer
- Maintains interaction with with Agents, Consignees, Shipping Companies, Government Agencies and other stakeholders in the Maritime Industry on customer services related activities
- Ensures management of internal customers for superior and excellent service delivery
- Authorizes all prepayment and Government Agencies holds.
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process, high level stakeholder engagement as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th August, 2018.