FHI 360 Recruitment for Graduate Assistant Technical Officer, Protection
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Protection
Location: Damasak, Borno
Supervisor: Technical Officer, Protection
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The Assistant Technical Officer, Protection will assist the Technical Officer, Protection in providing psychosocial support activities at one of three field sites’ health facilities and safe spaces.
- Under the supervision of the TO, Protection, the ATO, Protection will support in managing all activities related to SGBV/PSS at their assigned field site.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS in SGBV/PSS or a similar degree with 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience in SGBV and PSS with a sound understanding of protection in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of SGBV and PSS in crisis situations.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around SGBV.
- Knowledge of Nigerian security and law enforcement, in regards to SGBV reporting and response.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in social work.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide SGBV psychosocial support activities to support social cohesion at field site.
- Support the ATO Case Management on GBV related cases.
- Provide supportive supervision and mentoring to community volunteers to monitor the applications of their training knowledge.
- Assist a range of actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and access to survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals.
- Support PSS group activities at safe spaces and in the community.
- Assist all aspects of Protection at field level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online