LEAP (Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability & Professionalism) Africa is a nonprofit organization, founded by Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli (MFR) in 2002. We are committed to developing dynamic, innovative and principled African leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Finance Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting.
- 1-2 years’ experience in financial and administrative management and procurement in asocial development organization/social enterprise
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS project and working with ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- International exposure and travel experience is an asset
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting practices
- ACCA is an added advantage.
- Demonstrates Integrity by modelling the LEAP’s values and ethical standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills with ability to interact with technical and non-technical end -users in a pleasant, cooperative and helpful manner.
- Focuses on results to the clients and responds positively to feedback
- Preparation of Budgets, monitoring all project expenditures in line with the approved budget and work plan. Preparing weekly and monthly budget reports.
- Control and manage the project petty cash ensuring timely disbursement and that there is supporting documents for all transaction, follow up on project requests and requisitions; accurate recording and filing of all financial documents.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations, interface primarily with the bank on all project account matters, review accounting transactions to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Report to and work closely with LEAP’s finance manager and the project manager in providing finance, admin and procurement support during all phases of the project. Monitor and analyze all financial, administrative, and procurement aspects of the project, review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues and notify the project manager with proposed solutions; work with relevant partners and track follow up actions.
- Certify all vendors, contractors and local partners in various programme locations, ensuring payment within established local banking procedures. Maintain accurate records of financial status of recruitments, sub-contracts and payments. This involves also monitoring their performance and advising the project manager.
- Conduct inventory management, shipments, project procurement and supplies, coordinate all travel activities in the programme -local and international
- Ensure the overall coordination Finance and administrative issues, carry out actual to budgeted variance analysis on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis; Prepare and submit timely weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project financial reports through the project manager. Maintain Project finance documentation library
- Perform other organizational projects and tasks assigned
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online