Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Program Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-Time
- The Department for International Development (DfID) Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) program’s proposed impact is “more children and young people acquire knowledge and skills that enhance their life chances,” and the proposed outcome is that “state and non-state basic education systems deliver better quality learning for children, including for marginalized groups.”
- It will tentatively focus on Kaduna, Kano, Borno and Yobe states while providing support to the federal government.
- The Deputy Program Director makes operational decisions and manages the various technical components of the program.
- The Deputy Program Director works closely with the Program Director, other program team members and external stakeholders to ensure the program achieves results.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Education, Public/Business Administration, International Relations, other Social Sciences or a similar relevant field;
- At least eight (8) years’ experience, six (6) of which must include technical and/or operational issues related to a mix of education and development work;
- At least six (6) years’ experience in program management, with a strong management and technical background related to education and early grade reading programs;
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-awards with international consortiums including local organizations, NGOs, communities, and parents;
- Familiarity with DfID or other international organizations’ methodologies to improve education outcomes;
- Understanding of the development and education issues in Nigeria; and
- Professional level written and oral English.
- Ensures that program components are results-oriented, ensures high quality deliverables and relevant and timely reporting;
- Ensures synergies and cohesion between the various components and activities;
- Participates and engages in technical meetings and maintains positive relationships with government officials, partners, and implementing partners; and
- Serves as Creative’s respresentative and acting Program Director in the Program Director’s absence.
- Manages the organizational and logistical aspects of the program to ensure it will achieve its the goals, outcomes, and benchmarks;
- Manages Output Leads to ensure their activities are aligned to the work plan;
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Program Director.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.