COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Bade, Geidam and Jaskusko – Yobe
Supervisor: Nutrition Officer
Reports to: Directly to Nutrition Officer and indirectly to the Deputy Project Manager and the Project Manager
Duration: 1 month
- The Storekeeper will be responsible for the management of the stores and for the management of commodity movements of WFP funded BSFP in Yobe state (Bade, Geidam and Jakusko).
- They will ensure adequacy of the warehouses and the stores, proper commodity handling and tracking.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Nutrition Officer and in collaboration with the Deputy Project Manager, the Project Manager and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, they will:
- Be in charge of the warehouses and the stores, by ensuring that they are clean and safe.
- Liaise with the distribution teams to ensure that the commodities are dispatched on time for the distributions, liaise with the transporter company in cooperation with the Logistics Assistant in the Base to mobilise them for the dispatched.
- Always keep track of the commodities by counting them and by issuing waybills whenever there is a commodity movement.
- Prepare daily stock reports to ensure that commodities are not lost.
- Cooperate with the BSFP Officer for regular reconciliation of commodities and for the preparation of accurate and reconciled monthly distribution reports.
- Report any loss immediately to the Nutrition Officer and the Deputy Project Manager to ensure timely action.
- Report any issue to the Nutrition Officer for follow up, including need for maintenance, cleaning, items (pallets, padlocks and so on).
- Be responsible for the security of the store, by liaising regularly with the security company hired for this: provide constant monitoring of their activities, ensure that they maintain their presence and they do not conduct any irregularities.
- Always ensure the food safety of commodities by monitoring the expiry dates and the status of the packages.
- Receive the commodities from WFP, count them and ensure that all the details in the waybill correspond to what is actually received. Fill in the waybills and sign them.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
Desired Competencies / Skills
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible
- Previous experience in similar roles in a humanitarian set up
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa/Kanuri).
- Prior experience in store keeping is desirable (minimum 1 years)
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Capacity to write stock reports
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
Deadline: 4th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Specify your preferred location when filling the google form.