Consistent Energy was incorporated in January 2015 to deploy rooftop solar in Nigeria to end users especially for productive use. The company is the brand owner of SolarDirect with the vision of putting solar on your rooftop. The company has installed solar for several small businesses such as barber shops, mobile phone chargers, schools, market stalls etc with the ultimate goal of displacing the small generators. It has the plans of rolling out 1 million solar installations by the year 2030 to create jobs among small businesses including agricultural value chain. Our unique selling point is to make solar affordable through leasing and rent-to-own financing scheme.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar PV Engineer
- Develop and coordinate design of photovoltaic or solar thermal systems including system components for residential and commercial buildings, provide technical direction and support installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning or performance monitoring.
- B.ENG in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- At least 2 years’ experience as a solar PV Engineer working on grid- tied and/or off - grid solar PV installations.
- Willingness and ability to guide installers on best practice tools, materials and techniques
- Professional certification for solar PV off - grid/grid - tied installation is strongly encouraged
- Readiness to travel within and outside the country at short notices
- Proficiency in auto CAD design soft wares
- Ability and willingness to work with a positive attitude when faced with the difficulties of working in an underdeveloped sector.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar power systems.
- Design or coordinate design of photovoltaic (PV) or solar thermal systems, including system components, for residential and commercial buildings.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Identify means to reduce costs, minimize risks, or increase efficiency of solar installation projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online