Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Intern
- The HR Intern will be responsible for working with his/her direct line manager and other members of the HR department in order to complete all outstanding employee and job filing, manage the departmental calendar, provide backend HR documentation & data collation support as well as internal customer service & external customer support services.
- Learning Objectives: At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Learning goals:
- Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Read all assigned literature
- Work goals:
- Complete all outstanding filing
- Proofread HR documents as required.
- Actively manage the team calendar
- Provide onsite and offsite event management
- Provide support in the development of the contract staff policy and support in all categories of contract/consultancy mapping exercise
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science
- Excellent Communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel and Word
- Fluency in English Language and any other Nigerian languages
- Active calendar management for the HR team
- Provide event management support during clinics, retreats, training sessions & events
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents as and when needed
- Complete and mail out regret letters to unsuccessful candidates
- Coordinate candidate interviews, physicals, and testing under the direction of the Talent Officer
- Processing of back end HR documentation including but not limited to payment requests, travel requests, etc
- Carry out any other duties as required.
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
- The intern will be entitled to health insurance
Deadline:31st August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s Cover Letter’s in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must include the Position Title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.