South East Regional Sales Manager (Life Agency) Job at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
Leadway Assurance Company Limited was founded in 1970. Sir (Dr.) Hassan O. Odukale, (KJW, D.Sc., FCIIN). It has a chequered history of being a company with close attention to relationships, having started operations as a direct motor insurance company. Soon the relationship developed to a stage where it has established a deep relationship with the brokers’ network in Nigeria, enjoying 80% of its current business from this source.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: South East Regional Sales Manager (Life Agency)
Job Category: Life Division/ Retail Department
Reporting Line: Life Division/ Retail Department
- This role will be responsible for developing markets and increasing sales of our life insurance products and services, in addition to coordinating life agency activities within the south East region and leading the regional sales team in retaining existing clients and developing new markets which would have positive impact on profit targets.
Dimensions of the Job
- Execution of the Life Retail’s business plan that outlines key initiatives and meeting established budgets associated with revenue growth, profitability and expense control
- Regularly meeting with sales insurance advisors for review of sales activities and results.
- Staying abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly.
- Marketing Intelligence gathering/brand promotion
- Initiate marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market
- Open business development dialogues with strategic clients with the focus to build large strategic accounts for the life agency sales team
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing and new Clients and all Insurance Advisors
- Responsible for agency channels – agency and unit managers to drive life business production, key account retention, new product rollout, and large account prospecting.
- Developing and maintaining awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offering additional services as appropriate to existing customers in conjunction with assigned insurance advisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour (Required to succeed in Role)
Educational qualifications & functional / technical skills:
- Minimum of a B.Sc./HND degree
- A professional qualification like ACIIN, ACCA, CIMA, ACA or any such qualification is an added advantage
- Ability to use MS Office with expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel
Relevant experience (type of experience and minimum number of years:
- Ideal candidate should possess business development and marketing financial services product experience of a minimum of 10 years in related roles with proven results of business success.
Attitude and behavioral traits:
- Good communication skills
Ability to work smartly in meeting targets:
- Relationship with key customers/agents in the financial services industry
- Good interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to work hard
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry, especially insurance
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and manage stress levels.
- Ability to tolerate and relate with colleagues in the work environment
Deadline: Friday, 24th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.