Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a major player in the Oil and Gas Industry with specialization in Environmental Remediation and Marine Technology, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surveyor
Job Reference: 1480
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Industry: Energy / Oil & Gas
- Ensure appropriate survey is carried out to specifications on land and roads with appropriate designs supervising the preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Surveying or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in field operations.
- Understanding of data collection software.
- Understanding of quality control in surveying.
- Understanding of Hydrographic and land survey equipment (Single/Multi Beam).
- Excellent science, maths and engineering skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret graphical data.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
- Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
- Survey bodies of water in order to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
- Determine specifications for photographic equipment to be used for aerial photography, as well as altitudes from which to photograph terrain.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or water features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply