EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited is a subsidiary of EM-ONE Energy Solutions Canada Inc., an engineering firm that holds innovation, sustainability and social impact at its core. EM-ONE’s approach uses technologies of the highest quality to provide economically and environmentally sustainable power solutions to African markets.
The company’s Toronto headquarters and the regional office in Abuja, Nigeria is constituted of a core team of energy experts, alongside industry best practices with strong local knowledge and ground presence, who are committed to developing the most effective and efficient power solutions for the African subcontinent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chartered Accountant
- We are seeking a dynamic, highly skilled and dedicated chartered accountant who will fit in with EM-ONE’s collaborative culture. The candidate will be reporting to the CEO and Head of Operations.
- This position is a full-time role based in EM-ONE’s Abuja office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain proper books of account and financial records on income and expenditure, as well as assets and liabilities
- Collect, analyse, summarise and interpret accounting information
- Prepare statutory and periodic financial reports and information including financial statements, management account, annual accounts, cash flow, planning, budgets and forecasts
- Manage company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems, and accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Liaise with key stakeholders – clients (individuals or businesses), internal and external auditors (where applicable) in providing financial information and dealing with any financial issues and irregularities as they arise
- Review the company’s financial management system, analyse associated risks and develop mechanisms that minimize financial risk including the detection and prevention of fraud
- Document accounting control procedures
- Conduct month-end and year-end close processes
- Compute taxes/returns and advise management on tax planning (within current legislation to enable them to minimize their tax liability) and tax issues.
- Administer payrolls and related tasks
- Carry out banking operations and bank reconciliations
- Advise management on corporate finance and treasury issues
- Negotiate terms with suppliers and vendors
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as the FIRS
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- College degree or equivalent preferred (Business Admin., Accountancy, Economics, Finance etc.)
- ACA or ACCA Certification
- Must have at least 8 – 10 years cognate experience including 4 years post-qualification
- An MBA Qualification and CFA Certification is considered an asset
- International work experience is considered an asset.
- Highly organized, with keen attention to detail, must be able to deal with sensitive issues and work independently or with limited supervision
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and evolving and competing priorities
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to work, strong technical skills and use of initiative
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills as well as leadership, critical thinking and a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Outlook 365
- Proficiency in the use of ICT packages and accounting software
- Willing to work flexible hours.
Deadline: 31st October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume’s and Cover Letter’s in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “Chartered Accountant Application” in the Subject Line of your e-mail
For Enquiries, contact us via: email@example.com