United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Associate
Application Code NGAR000031-3203
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Host Institute: United Nations Development Programme
Volunteer Category: National Specialist
Duration: Until 31-10-2019
Expected Starting Date: Immediate
Summary of Key Functions
- Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Provision of HR services
- Staff performance management and career development
- Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff.
- Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels.
- Preparation of contracts. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues. Preparation of submissions to the Compliance Review Panel
- Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the International Staff and Experts.
- Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Ensures proper staff performance management and career development staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the unit in providing background information and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of Talent Management Review Group.
- Support the unit in preparing the Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management,
Ensures conduct of UN-related survey conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the unit in collecting information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of Local Salary Survey Committee (LSSC).
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day)- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN VolunteersPromote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Provide annual and end of assignment reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities using UNV’s Volunteer Reporting ApplicationContribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.
Results/Expected Outputs Results/Expected Outputs:
- The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO Human Resource services and success in implementation of HR strategies and policies. It is expected that the UNV;
- The development of capacity through coaching, mentoring and formal on-the-job training, when working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-) governmental counter-parts, including Implementing Partners (IPs);
- Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for peace and development dur-ing the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed
- Works effectively and efficiently in providing accurate analysis and presentation of financial information which ensure proper HR services in the CO;
- Is timely and shows professionalism in delivering of HR services both internally and with partners.
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the UNV assignment such as specific quantification of mobilized volunteers, activities and capacities is categorized as an achieved result.
Required Degree Level – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration. HR Specialized certification would be an added advantage
Required Experience – 60 months
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in Human Resources and/or Administration
- Organize and prioritize workload using initiative, coping with stress in harsh, insecure conditions.
- Work well as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Professional and personal flexibility and adaptability
- Experience in handling web-based management system
- Proficiency in Standard Computer Software (Word, Excel, Database, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Excellent report writing, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- English (Mandatory)
- Level – Fluent
Area of Expertise:
- Knowledge management, archiving and documentation Mandatory
Area of Expertise Requirement:
- Humans Resources and Administration
Need Driving Licence:
Competencies & Values:
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Building Trust
- Client Orientation
- Commitment and Motivation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Ethics and Values
- Knowledge Sharing
- Planning and Organizing
- Respect for Diversity
Deadline: 25th September, 2018.
How to Apply to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Notice for New Members
- If you have not yet registered in the UNV Global Talent Pool, please apply by registering your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
- Once you have created your UNV account by validating your email address, please complete all sections of your profile, Go to “My Page” section of your profile, click on the “Special Calls” hyperlink and select the special call you would like to apply for.
Important Notice for Old Members
- If you are already registered in the UNV database, please update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/
- Go to ‘My Page’ section of your profile, click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink and select the special call you would like to apply for.