Job for Event Manager at Hills Consult
Hills Consult – We operate without fancy job titles or layers of paperwork to process; we believe these types of systems slow down projects. Each of us has the authority to work with any client to develop and implement strategies with an end goal of meeting the client’s marketing objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Event Manager
- Responsible for managing events and ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to. Directs coordination of activities to prepare for the day of the event.
- Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Work with guest of honor to ensure all requests are met.
- Drive attendance to the event.
- Promote the event using flyers, cold calling, and social media as examples of ways to spark attention.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Define company brand through events.
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Pay vendors for their participation in the event.
- Provide receipts if needed.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- Set up booths, flowers, decorations, and other event decor.
- Plan menus, order food, and hire chefs or caterers.
- Sample food, including main dishes and desserts.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Hire, train, and educate staff on proper event procedures.
- Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
- Book venues and negotiate fees.
- Prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time.
- Hire bartenders and wait staff.
- Give final approval for items such as music and menus.
- Applicant must possess B.Sc/HND in any field.
Deadline: 30th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org