Job Vacancy for Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager – VectorLink at Abt Associates
Abt Associates – The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance – as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager – VectorLink
Ref. ID: 57861
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Party/Technical Director, the Safety and Security Manager oversees and directs all aspects organization’s security functions, including physical security and safety of employees, facilities, and assets of USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Project in the country.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Education – Any combination of training and experience that has prepared the manager for the assignment.
- Certifications – none required, completion of safety and security management course is preferred.
- Experience: 3 – 5 years full time experience in safety and security or related experience.
- Language – Must speak/write English and one or two other Nigerian languages
- Must use Microsoft word, excel PPT
- (3+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise security planning and operations to effectively support program management and the achievement of program goals.
- Collaborate with the Security Management Team (SMT) consisting of senior field officers that will work closely with and depend heavily on the counsel and guidance of the Security Manager.
- Collaborate with the Global Security Office (GSO).
- Develop and maintain all plans and protocols relating to personnel safety and the management of security programs to include security management plans, current risk and vulnerability assessments, incident and crisis response plans, pre- and post-arrival security briefings, and business continuity plans as required.
- Manage and oversee a comprehensive training program to include security training, situational awareness, hostile environment training, travel management, fire safety and first aid, incident response/management, and crisis response and preparation training.
- Develop detailed Post Orders for guards assigned at all Abt program facilities as needed. Oversee guard force conduct and discipline at all facilities and act as a focal point with all guard service providers.
- Manage and oversee all driver selection and training, dispatch, communications, and vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain and oversee a comprehensive travel management program based on current risk assessments, neighborhood/road reconnaissance, and the full use of information gathering networks. Incorporate the use of vehicle tracking, vehicle management and convoy discipline as required along with periodic and mandatory reporting requirements to ensure staff accountability during the conduct of personnel movements.
- Provide regular assessments and recommendations regarding personal, technical, communications, and physical security to the SMT and the GSO.
- Conduct initial and periodic reassessments of all program leased property to include office space, residences, and warehouses and make recommendations regarding upgrades and enhancements as appropriate to the SMT and GSO.
- Build active networks to gather current safety/security information and take responsibility for all security relationships with partners, contractor organizations, embassies, INGOs, local law enforcement and military organizations, and community representatives.
- Provide monthly reports to the GSO summarizing incidents, training, upcoming significant events.
- Recommend budgets in alignment with Security Risk Assessments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online