Job Vacancy for Maintenance Manager at RyteGate Technologies
RyteGate Technologies provides consulting and information technology advisory services to a wide range of local and international clients. RyteGate is made up of a network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. As a leading professional services firm, we have much to contribute to public policy, business and society throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Job Purpose Statement
- Manages and motivates all services’ staff and other personnel involved in delivering high level, quality service, and on time delivery of service vehicles in order to ensure growth and expansion to achieve targets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze current procedures and activities to identify and present opportunities for improvement of the workshop.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
- Facilitate the training and development of team members in the department, by providing feedback and coaching to support improvements in their job performance.
- Conduct annual Performance Appraisal for Workshop Personnel.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Evaluate the impact of work delays, interruptions or changes in plans to develop appropriate course of actions.
- Monitor workflow to anticipate impact of delays due to team members being absent for leaves, holidays or sickness.
- Review customers service orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
- Plan and adjust the workloads of department personnel to match their skills and abilities.
- Plan and prepare annual budget for the department and facilities, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Follow up closely during implementation.
- Ensure that the department is adequately staffed to achieve objectives, and that technicians are aware of procedures for using new products and equipment.
- Facilitate the orientation of new team members in collaboration with the Workshop Supervisor by familiarizing them with work surroundings, explaining work hours, procedures, use of equipment and job expectations and ensure that new team members understand their respective duties.
- Maintain good relationships with customers.
- Coordinate with sales department and arrange for delivery of equipment to customers.
- Maintain communication with GM headquarters to obtain security information, report unusual concerns and share new ideas that may contribute to improved Workshop operations.
- Career Level: Mid-Career
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree / Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any related course
- Experience in the automotive industry
- 5 years’ experience managing an automotive workshop, particularly attached to a dealership
- P&L experience
- Familiarity with all kinds of vehicles, heavy duties
- Automotive systems (vehicle layout, function and location of parts)
- Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs
- Organizational ability
- Detail oriented
- Technically competent with ability to train others
- Customer service ability
- Energy and drive.
- High integrity and professionalism.
- Good communication ability both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Package
- Leading & Supervising
- Team Orientation
- Customer & Quality Focus
Deadline: 13th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org