The Dexterity Group is a media company with a consuming passion for World Class Quality. Whether it is providing the best of content, entertainment, information and education to our viewers and readers, or having mutually rewarding and transparent relationships with all our stakeholders, The Dexterity Group has a consuming passion for World Class Quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Newspaper Dispatcher
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Newspaper dispatchers are tasked with delivering newspapers to different location points, stores and individual customers.
- They are responsible for picking up and loading the day’s deliveries into a vehicle and ensuring that newspapers arrive at their destination on time.
- This position requires organization, the ability to plan and map efficient routes, and a willingness to start work very early in the day so that delivery points have newspapers to distribute as early as possible.
- Newspaper dispatchers may also be responsible for collecting/picking up stocks and maintaining detailed delivery and pickup records throughout their shifts.
Requirements, Skills and Qualification
- Organization skills – newspaper carriers should also be highly organized and able to maintain detailed records of deliveries, pickups, and customer requests
- Communication skills – newspaper carriers should be outgoing, friendly, and effective communicators, able to converse with both customers and other personnel.
- Applicant Location – Must reside in Ibadan.
- Education – Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Physical stamina – Responsible for loading and unloading bundles of newspapers, dispatchers should also be able to successfully lift and manage heavy loads
- Route planning and logistics – should have some familiarity with their delivery area as well as the ability to plan an efficient delivery route
- Time management – The role requires a great deal of time management, both to arrive at the distribution point on time and to successfully make deliveries according to set schedules and customer expectations
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary duty of a newspaper dispatcher is daily newspaper delivery to customers, which may include institutions, stores, banks, individual customers etc.
- A newspaper carrier may also be tasked with stocking newspaper boxes for the day.
Assemble and Display Newspapers:
- Newspaper dispatchers assemble and bag newspapers prior to delivery.
- Additionally, newspaper dispatchers may be responsible for placing newspapers in displays at designated locations.
Load and Unload Vehicles:
- Responsible for loading and unloading their vehicle at the distribution center.
- Responsible for planning their daily rounds and determining the most efficient way to distribute newspapers.
- Review their routes and expected delivery time frames to determine the proper order of deliveries and anticipate potential delays.
- Extensive familiarity with the delivery area, as well as the ability to plan a route and make changes along the way to prevent delays.
Receiving Undistributed Newspapers:
- Responsible for collecting undistributed papers from customers and returning them to the distribution center, if need be.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 27th September, 2018