Accountant Job Vacancy at Terra Energy Services Nigeria Limited
Terra Energy Services Nigeria Limited is an indigenous Engineering and Oil and Gas Service Company incorporated in Nigeria in 2001 with expertise in providing full-service integrated solutions to clients across the entire oil and gas value chain.
We currently operate from our offices in Lagos and Port-Harcourt and aspire to become the leading provider of quality Oil and Gas Engineering Services in West Africa. At Terra Energy Services, we maintain a policy of creating a conducive environment for the attraction of the best qualified and motivated staff for performance enhancement.
We are currently recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- This position is responsible for preparing and adjusting journal entries, preparing and posting miscellaneous cash receipts in accordance with accounting standards and company policies. Coordinating period close activities and timely account reconciliation.
- This is a support role within the organization that is also responsible for the processing and preparation of periodic financial reports and ad hoc analyses for business.
- The position exists to assist management ensure adequate levels of liquidity and working capital is maintained.
- A certified member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)/ACCA.
- Knowledge of applicable accounting and financial reporting rules, regulations and requirements
- Strong analytical skills – understanding of revenue – cost structures and translate data to clear analytics
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint); experience with financial modeling a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in finance or accounting for a structured organization (previous oil & gas experience is compulsory)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Level of adherence to regulatory/statutory reporting guidelines and timelines
- Quality and ease of retrieval of financial information/documents and reports
- Compliance with statutory reporting standards.
- Accuracy of transaction processing (posting of entries etc.)
- Accuracy of accounting schedules prepared
- Quality and timeliness of accounting reports produced
- Work is primarily done in a business/office environment
- Limited travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Alert management of situations that may materially affect the company’s overall financial condition
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries for General Ledger accounts; assists with maintenance of internal controls and process documentation
- Perform period-close activities, including reviewing and assessing journal entries, accruals, reconciliations and allocations
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting including consolidation, review, analysis and detailed reporting
- Maintain cash inflow/outflow reconciliation and reporting, including bank reconciliation
- Analyze financial information to summarize and interpret current-projected financial position for management and decision making (manage and monitor business financial performance and KPI’s)
- Manage relationships with key financial and regulatory representatives
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Perform periodic management accounting and reporting activities to include: monthly profit & loss and cash flow positions, etc.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply