Job for Director, Merchant Services – West Africa at Clickatell
Clickatell is a cutting edge technology company and global leader in mobile messaging that enables effortless, personalized, and contextual digital interactions between businesses and their customers. We specialize in helping brands delight their customers with innovative, customer-centric solutions, giving them more time for what really matters.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Merchant Services – West Africa
Division: Clickatell Transact
- Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to make your mark on the world? We are a group of highly skilled and knowledgeable colleagues, who challenge status quo and want to create products that make an everlasting impression on our clients and end users. Our product managers are trying to solve world scale problems and we may be looking for you!
- We are seeking a Merchant Service Director who will have a strong track record of growing the business and expanding the team, someone who has a passion for revolutionizing commerce
- Reporting to the Managing Director & Executive Vice President of Clickatell Transact, you will leverage your significant sales and leadership expertise to help define and drive strategy and processes
- The ideal candidate will have a strong history of winning in B2B sales leadership and a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals in driving net new MRR and customer growths.
Develop and Lead our Merchant Services Strategy:
- Develop a thorough understanding and improve Clickatell Transact (i.e. products, services, and vertical value proposition), as well as industry /market forces and the key attributes and needs of Clickatell Transacts Merchants.
- Drive revenue through new merchant acquisition and own success of team by meeting or exceeding all targets and performance metrics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key internal partners, including Marketing, Finance/Analytics, Product, as well as other members of the Sales team to increase velocity of the sales funnel and revenue pipeline.
- Lead the day to day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and scalability including developing and maintaining accurate forecasts and managing team metrics using various reporting methods.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to establish tactical and strategic plans and objectives (including but not limited to planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities).
- Draw on established sales methodology to the lead a team on all aspects of the sales process including discovery, competitive differentiation, client presentations, proposals, contract negotiations and closing of the business.
- Define, plan and execute a holistic Merchant sales strategy and process that aligns with key revenue, customer experience and LTV CAC objectives.
- Understand, develop, and optimize merchant sales productivity, analytics, conversion, ideation classification and scoring, and Merchant business closing increasing LTV & lowering CAC
- Forecast sales targets and merchant incentives as well as work as key stakeholder and decision maker on Merchant discount rates (MDR) framework development
- Build a culture of accountability, role model best practices, and assist in negotiations of complex high value sales with stakeholders including executive management, business and technical stakeholders.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement.
- Leverage tools and resources to develop and implement effective processes, policies, and training to scale your businesses.
Deliver Insights to Inform Strategy:
- Provide strategic insights on Merchant sales, customer needs, competitive strategies, win/loss reasons, sales enablement priorities, product roadmap inputs, to the rest of the business with a goal of maximizing profitable growth in the Merchant Services segment
- Provide high level of visibility to lead generation process, sales pipeline and client satisfaction/retention
- Partner with other internal groups – including Marketing, Business Development, Product/Engineering and Finance – to conduct research, analyze trends, and make recommendations to the leadership team on which merchants and features to prioritize
- Effectively communicate findings via reports and presentations to inform strategies and drive revenue growth.
- Provide Business Support to drive the Clickatell product plan
- Support product with requirements needed to enter new payments verticals successfully
- Support marketing in developing successful go to market plans with new and existing merchants to help drive up processing value and transactions
- Lead negotiations with merchants on incentives and lead the business contracting with merchants that are new to business
- Set targets for success of new and existing merchants
- Negotiate the necessary merchant discount rates together with product leads to ensure that profitability is met and support the design of GP targets and profiles in different merchant categories
- Own the resolution of merchant issues, contract renewals and other pertinent activities that may impact our banking network clients performance
- Influence decisions and directions within the merchants organization
- Understand and keep abreast of industry activity and provide guidance and recommendations to executives
The Capabilities of our Champion
- You have a keen understanding of the payments ecosystem
- You are honest and have integrity
- Proven negotiation skills
- Propensity for working in highly disruptive and rapidly changing environments
- Strategic foresight
- Relationship building and customer centricity
- High levels of creativity and innovation
- Strategic skills, understanding the nature of the sale.
- Should have the flair, aptitude and focus on delivering win-win relationships with longevity.
- Build relationships and inspire people to collaborate
Our Champion’s journey so far:
- 10+ years payments and merchant services experience
- Proven experience and success in creating successful commercial agreements with large brands and creating long lasting relationships
- Proven ability to lead Merchant sales teams into multiple markets at scale and pace in accordance with market opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar in relevant industry experience
- Proven ability to lead businesses to success, influence products & go to market plans and solutions, collect and use feedback and deliver results
- Ability to lead commercial negotiations and have a track record of managing complex business relationships from end to end.
- Understanding of the global mobile industry, players, client and merchant pain points and direction of target segments
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online