Job Vacancy for Operations Officer at Agridrive Limited
Agridrive is a for profit making, social enterprise whose aim Is transform African farmers lives through wealth creation by harnessing agribusifress opportunities In Africa. We aim to maximize improvements in society and environmental well-being among farmers through commercial agribusiness operations and oil our profits are used to further this cause, incorporated in Nigeria and Kenya In 2018, Agridrive plans to expand to the whole of SSA through the provision of innovative market edge agribusiness solutions.
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Operations Officer for our mechanisation service provision business currently being done in Oyo, Kwara, Ogun, Kogi, Osun, Niger and Delta and it expected to expand to other states.
- The job requires a qualified individual who has experience in agribusiness management, mechanisation, input systems, marketing and working with farmers in a commercial environment.
- Reporting to the Head of Operations the Operations Officer is to ensure efficient and effective provision of mechanisation and other agribusiness solutions services to clients. Working with the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Monitor and track the use of the tractors to increase efficiency and reduce abuse
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to equipment quality, customer service. or accidents and mishaps on the farms.
- Maintains and update Market Information Support System and enhance use by clients
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Participate in regular customer reviews and respond to customer concerns or requests with a benchmark of resolving non-complex Issues within own control within 24 hours.
- Work closely with MD and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Identify of clients and their agribusiness needs
- Supervise the provision of mechanisation services including the sourcing and delivery of Inputs (stems. fertilizers and herbicides).
- Ensure safe use and maintenance and servicing of Agridrive equipment
- Maintain equipment register and coordinate the training of operators in efficient service provision, use and maintenance of farming equipment.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Management, Agribusiness, Marketing or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience commercial sector providing agribusiness solutions to farmers. Hands on experience mechanisation service provisions, agri-inputs management, and public relations. Experience In working in agriculture and handling form machinery is highly desirable.
- Experience in using Customer Relations Systems
Key Skills & Competencies:
- High levels of negotiations, conflict management, people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with different schedules and to meet stringent deadlines. Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- High level Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships: treating individuals with fairness and respect,
- Innovative and creative problem solving
- Valid driving licence
Deadline: 28th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to “the Managing Director, Agridrive Limited” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covering letter should state why you think that you are suited to this role and highlight relevant experience, skills and qualifications.
- Interviews will be held early November 2018.