Recruitment for Mental Health Support Worker at Olive Prime Centre
Olive Prime Centre – We are a new “mental health Treatment center” based in Abuja, currently looking for the best hands that can provide excellent and client focused services.
We are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery in a way different from the conventional inpatient services. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mental Health Support Worker
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support services to service users
- Support the nurses on duty and the clinician while they carry out their duties
- Interact more with patients during their activity schedule.
- Maintain continuous contact with service users in the Facility without ever leaving them unattended to.
- Receive instructions from the nurse in charge of the ward always.
- Complete observation charts and handover checklist
- Ensure the patient’s environment is safe and neat: free from harmful objects; Therapy room should be set and made prepared for next sessions.
- Ensure that electrical appliances e.g. bulbs, Air conditions and other appliances are switched off when not in use.
- Monitor and observe patient closely and report behavioural changes.
- Managing potentially violent and confrontational situations with service users.
- Assist service users/clients with activities of daily living under the supervision of senior staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Nurse or clinicians.
- Training is provided with all expenses reimbursed following successful completion. Previous experience not necessary but may be an added advantage.
- Minimum of SSCE, experience within a health establishment would be considered as an added advantage.
Deadline: 8th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Making the job role the title of your mail.