We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Centre for Monitoring and Communications (CMC) Assistant
Ref. nr.: 3948480476
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Start date: 04/10/2018
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Monitor all NRC movements in Borno State, including travels across mission filed office in the North East, and other parts of Nigeria.
- Advise CMC Team Leader immediately of faults in the telecommunication networks / communications equipment and undertake all necessary action to provide a prompt reestablishment of service.
- Monitor open source channels (TV, radio, social media, etc) collate and store relevant information and update the CMC Team Leader and Security Team accordingly.
- Receive Staff Feedback Forms and collate information for daily follow up by Team Leader
- Facilitate efficient communications and information flow for all field teams.
- Keep all necessary messages sent/received by NRC communications systems strictly confidential.
- Ensure proper collation and storage of Information
- Ensure that all NRC CMC users comply with proper communications procedures
- University Degree in any field, preferably in Security Management
- Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri, knowledge of other local languages in Borno State is an added advantage
- Experience with start-up communications room
- Journalism / Communications
- Office administration
- Psychology / Philosophy
- Academy college / University
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: April 2018
- Duration: 2 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Deadline: 18th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online