Joseph Ayo Babalola University established by Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide, was granted a licence by the Federal Government of Nigeria to operate as a private university in April, 2006 and it commenced academic activities in October, 2006. The University currently operates 23 departments in seven Colleges, namely Colleges of Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, Management Sciences, Natural Sciences, Postgraduates Studies and Centre for Distance Learning.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- The Vice Chancellor has the general function of directing the activities of the University and is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University. He is also the ex-officio Chairman of Senate.
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University education with proven ability as manager of human and material resources. In addition, he must:
- Be a distinguished scholar of the rank of professor with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University;
- Have a feasible plan for the development of the University in line with the set vision, mission and philosophy of the University;
- Possess the drive and ability to attract external funding and creativity to generate internal revenue;
- Possess ability to initiate and strengthen linkages with other Universities, national and international bodies and agencies;
- Provide spiritual leadership among staff and students in a faith based University with the objective of producing morally sound graduates ready to render Godly service;
- Command the respect of both the national and international academic communities;
- Have good interpersonal relationship and ability to forge the same among students, staff and the general public;
- Be in excellent physical and mental health.
Note: The candidate must provide a list of local and international grants obtained in the last two years.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Deadline: 30th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send twenty (20) copies and be accompanied by 20 copies of candidate’s credentials and Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following order:
Name In full (surname first and In capitals);
- Place and date of birth;
- State of origin and nationality;
- Marital status; number and ages of children;
- Religion and denomination
- Current postal/contact addresses (with phone number(s) and e-mail address);
- Permanent address;
- Institutions attended with dates;
- Educational qualifications with dates;
- Professional qualifications with dates;
- Membership of professional bodies;
- Distinctions and awards with dates;
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts;
- Postgraduate supervision;
- Academic related services to the nation and the University system;
- Important academic conferences/workshops/courses attended with dates;
- Publications (thesis, books, monographs and published articles);
- Technical reports;
- Present employment status, salary and employer;
- Extra curricular activities;
- Names and addresses of 3 referees (one of whom must be In candidate’s field of study).
Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the “Chairman, Board of Trustees”, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked: “Post of Vice Chancellor: Referee’s Report” at the top left hand corner of the envelope. Each application must be accompanied by 20 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the University.
All applications, supporting documents and referees’ reports must be submitted by hand under confidential cover, or through courier delivery to:
The Chairman, Board of Trustees,
c/o Office of the Registrar,
Joseph Aye Babalola University,
Ikeji Arakeji, Along Ilesa-Akure Road,
- The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications should be marked: Post of Vice Chancellor at the top left hand corner.
- Applicants should please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted