Tomato Jos is an African agricultural production company that believes in the power of farming and processing local food products for local consumption. Tomato Jos not only produces the best quality tomato products but we also leave a foot print in the lives of those we encounter every day. Our mission is to make tomato production a sustainable, profitable business for the farmers with whom we work
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
- To provide the most efficient and safe machinery for maximum production through maintenance and ingenuity.
- Farming operations are located in Igabi Local Government of Kaduna State. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the area. Certain projects may involve travel which Tomato Jos will accommodate.
Applicants should have strong problem solving skills, an interest in farming, and the ability to manage logistical challenges. This position requires someone to use their engineering skills to advance their opportunities in agriculture. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operating any and all agricultural equipment.
- Managing inventory of all equipment and the fuel required to operate it.
- Keeping accurate records of costs and service dates.
- Maintaining equipment so that goals of efficiency and safety are met.
- This applicant needs to be willing and capable of doing every job on the farm. They will start with the most basic tasks and only through training and experience, will they advance to more complex challenges and responsibilities.
- Tractors, combines, on and off-road vehicles, support equipment, generators, pumps, etc.
- Servicing, repairing and maintenance of all equipment.
- Design and fabrication of agricultural equipment.
- Tractor implements, greenhouses, trailers, tanks.
- Ordering parts and material.
- Must be willing to work long hours in field conditions.
- Must be trustworthy.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have completed Secondary School, or equivalent.
- Must have experience operating vehicles, generators, pumps, and diesel powered equipment.
- Must have proven mechanical experience fixing diesel and gas powered engines.
- Must have basic understanding of faults in equipment whether electrical or mechanical.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Preferable applicants should also speak Hausa.
- Preferable applicants will have a degree, technical training or certificate in a related subject (agriculture, engineering, mechanics etc.)
Deadline: 11.59PM; 2nd December, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
- Applications submitted after the deadline or elsewhere will not be considered.
- Any applicant not contacted within two weeks of submitting application has not been considered for the position.