The ENGIE Group is committed to contribute to Africa’s sustainable growth by developing projects in centralized and decentralized power production, gas infrastructure, electricity and gas distribution as well as energy services and innovative energy efficiency services.
In Africa, ENGIE manages the development and operation of gas and renewable power projects in several countries. It is a first-mover IPP in South Africa and Morocco, and announced recent successes in wind project in Egypt and solar project in Senegal. In 2017, ENGIE Africa acquired several BtoB entities active in the field of energy services in South Africa, Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Niger, Mali and Morocco.
In Nigeria, ENGIE is already pursuing several IPP opportunities, mini grid opportunities, and solar home system PAYGO opportunities through its subsidiary FENIX.
We are recruiting to fill the position:
Job Title: Business Developer
Nature of Responsibility: Manager / Expert
Job: Business development / Project development
- The Business Developer Nigeria will be responsible and accountable for origination and execution of growth initiatives in the fields of energy services to BtoB as well as residential BtoC clients.
- Growth initiatives will include organic and external developments, with strong focus on innovation.
- The Business Developer will also give a local support to other projects managed by remote teams.
- The contract will be on local terms and conditions
Principal Functions and Accountabilities
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the energy sector in Nigeria;
- Assess competitors, potential partners, acquisition targets, key stakeholders and energy market changes;
- Foster and manage relationship with government’s regulatory bodies, stakeholders, potential partners, suppliers and customers;
- Identifies projects opportunities, assesses projects feasibility, prepares and presents the necessary project documentation
- Leads the development of specific projects, negotiates contracts, permits and others agreements;
- Screen and implement growth opportunities, including completion of internal investment approval memos, presentations to the Investment Committee and compliance with internal BD procedures;
- Be responsible for driving energy services sales to a variety of different companies including government entities, commercial & industrial businesses, mobile network operators and other large energy users.
- Participate to the setting up of local subsidiaries and teams (staffing, logistics etc.) that may be decided to implement specific growth opportunities.
- ENGIE Africa management
- Key Government Regulatory bodies
- Market players in the geographical area, including potential suppliers, clients, JV partners and M&A counterparties
- Project finance banks
- External consultants.
Knowledge and skills:
- Experienced professional in the areas of energy services, energy efficiency, and renewables (10 years professional experience minimum);
- Strong experience in and understanding of the Nigerian market, including legal and regulatory aspects, market environment, competition, stakeholders, counterparties, and other areas that impact growth initiatives;
- Experienced professional as a project manager, bid manager, or business developer;
- Manages and prioritizes multiple projects simultaneously;
- In-depth know how in developing, negotiating, and executing complex project agreements;
- Good behavioral fit: Results driven, teamwork oriented, analytical and creative;
- Capable of making sound strategic and operational decisions through analyzing data, focusing on customers and commercial awareness;
- Willingness to embrace culture change aimed at improved business and team performance;
- Fluent English;
- Knowledge of French and/or one of the main Nigerian local language is an asset.
Time & Location:
- Place of residence: Lagos, Nigeria
- Regular travels within Nigeria, punctual missions within the African continent and to Europe.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online