Current Job Opportunities at 234 Naija, 27th December, 2018
234 Naija is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Freelance Writer
- We are seeking creative, thorough, and detail-oriented writers who are committed to consistently providing quality work for our organization’s needs. In this role you will script all necessary content for our growing company and help brainstorm new content ideas. Must be able to self-edit work, change written tone with ease, complete projects in a timely manner, and write effectively for multiple formats.
- While a high standard of English is essential, academic qualifications are generally less important than flair, originality and experience.
- Create interesting, innovative, entertaining, and educational written content
- Write for a multitude of formats and across different mobile and print platforms
- Journal publishing, copy editing, and proofreading, indexing and even graphic designing.
- Research materials by using the internet, personal interviews and other methods
- Cite all material used for research and/or direct quotations
- Always utilize trustworthy and valid sources
- Ensure all written work is authentic and original
- Assist in distribution of completed work
- Always meet established deadlines
- No formal academic qualifications needed.
- Previous experience from published articles, freelance work or writing competitions can be useful, although not essential
- Strong grasp of proper sentence structure
- A good grasp of narrative and awareness of audiences
- Ability to write in a variety of tones
- Creativity and an ‘original voice’
- Motivation and self-discipline to work without supervision
- Organized, creative, dedicated and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and communication skills are obviously essential but so is a determined attitude and the ability to take criticism.
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
- We are seeking a creative, forward-thinking and organized social media specialist to join our growing team.
- Our ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content.
- He/she must be able to create consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms as well as act quickly and gracefully to resolve any customer complaints or criticisms posted on social media.
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML)
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media best practices
- Understand social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Photosop and other visual software platforms.
Job Title: Screenwriter
- We seek multitalented screenwriters to write scripts for movies and series. Screenwriters write every aspect of a script, from the dialogue to stage directions.
- The best screenwriters are students of life. They observe people, places and things on a higher plane. They watch interactions and relationships with great interest because they know that they might be able to translate those experiences into stories later on.
- Screenwriters are extremely adept at weaving together visual elements within plot and dialogue. The scriptwriting process tends to involve the following course of action: idea generation and research, planning, character development, and then writing.
- Describe stories in detail, including physical environments and the moods of the characters
- Produce a synopsis and several scenes of a story (The shooting script entails camera, lighting and shot instructions)
- Take into account the ideas of directors and producers during the preproduction process
- Rewrite or make various versions of the scripts they are working on
- Strong grasp of English. Words should punch and leave an impact
- Prior experience as a freelance writer or editor
- Understand filmmaking and possess creative writing skills
- Be an expert in film language and must understand structure and formatting
- Excellent time management, stupendous research skills and a talent for networking
- Patience, resilience, self-motivation and the ability to accept criticism
Job Title: TV Presenter
- We are in need of a young, presentable and eloquent female presenter for a television programme. The ideal candidate must have genuine interest in television and should be confident, adaptable, calm and able to work well under pressure.
- Hours may be long and unsocial, involving early mornings, evenings or weekends, although this depends on the timing of the programme and whether it is live or pre-recorded.
- Write and rehearse scripts
- Meet with the production crew to assess/ review the broadcast and plan the next broadcast
- Organize meetings, interviews and schedules
- Undertake relevant background research
- Interview guests
- Keep the programme running to schedule, respond positively and quickly to challenges and improvise where necessary
- Keep in contact with the director and production team in the studio gallery, via ear-piece link
- Degree in Journalism, Communication/Media Studies, Performing Arts, English or related disciplines
- Performance skills and a clear voice
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good research and interviewing skills
- Awareness of media law
- Ability to take initiative and make quick decisions under pressure
- Stamina, enthusiasm, determination and perseverance
Deadline: Monday, 31st December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should attach a copy of their CV and photograph to: email@example.com using WRITER as the subject of the email.