How to Apply for Sahara Group Talent & Entrepreneurship Program 2018
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Program
- In Sahara, we believe that taking the right step in sourcing young talents and developing them into a formidable force is critical to our business success and sustainability. The Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Program (STEP) was therefore borne out of the desire to reposition the Group’s talent management strategy in line with our business expansion and future ambition.
- The objective is to focus on developing entrepreneurship leadership skills of young talents and to improve their business acumen, strategic thinking & relationship management required to support growth strategies in the group.
- The one-year program is structured systematically to expose the young talents with entrepreneurial mindset to all areas of the business as it reflects the diversity of roles across board. The development programme will include two or three rotations that combine on-the-job learning with formal training opportunities with blended foundational skill training, in-house classroom training program, feedback sessions, hands-on projects, coaching and mentoring opportunities. The young talents will be given stimulating hands-on roles, and have the opportunity to not only understand the culture and core values of the company but to live by them.
- If you want to grow and make an impact as a business leader, explore a world of possibilities and harness your potential in a vibrant young environment, then the Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Program (STEP) is just right for you.
The Unlimited Value Proposition to Young talents:
- Challenging & Evolving Career- Participants will be exposed to challenging real-life business scenarios in today’s rapidly evolving business environment working in a diverse and global environment. There will be opportunities to be part of an organization that believes in disruption as a tool for strategic development in today’s business world.
- Multicultural Exposure- Participants will have the opportunity to travel and be exposed to our businesses across locations and will develop an extensive understanding of the diverse culture within the group.
- Strategic Growth & Personal Empowerment- Participants will be groomed to have an extensive understanding of the energy business and the opportunity to build a broad network both internally & externally
- Unique Mentorship Opportunity- Participants will have a unique mentorship opportunity to shadow renowned business leaders. The participants will have the unique opportunity to relate directly with top management in order to enhance their growth, mind-set and self-empowerment
- Capacity Building- Participants will receive training in our business tailored to their skills and career aspirations. They will be given a veritable platform to develop their potential.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- University degree in a reputable University (Minimum: Second Class Upper)
- Maximum of 2 years (Post-NYSC) experience. Completion of NYSC is a must.
- Maximum age- 26 years old by December 2018
- Independence: the ability to take initiative, lead on projects and be proactive in prioritizing a dynamic and diverse workload.
- Interpersonal: confidence informing effective working relationships with a broad range of people, including working as part of a team.
- Analytical: the ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed research without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Communication: effective oral and written communication of ideas with an excellent command of English
- Adaptability: the ability to multitask, and to respond effectively to change, on a day-to-day basis and between placements.
- Group Human Resources
- All staff
- Actively participate in the programme (on-the-job tasks, peer learning, mentoring and training assigned).
- Work on assignments related to assigned role within a function.
- Collaborate, develop and maintain relationships with colleagues from own team, other departments, mentors, project sponsors – while proactively seeking feedback.
- Take full ownership and charge over your development: leverage on each opportunity and feedback
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional business projects (on project basis or as full rotation to other departments).
- Take full responsibility with planning and organizing activities related to your assignment, as well as delivery of assigned objectives, projects and results. Actively propose process and business improvements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply