University of Maiduguri – The Governing Council of the University of Maiduguri, hereby announce that the position of Vice Chancellor of the University will soon be vacant.
In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provision) Act 2003 as amended, Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates with experience in University administration for the position below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Vice Chancellor shall be the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision over the University
- He/She shall be the Chairman of Senate and ex-officio member of the Governing Council and shall be responsible to Council for the day-to-day management of the human, financial and material resources of the University.
Applicants for the post of the Vice-Chancellor should possess the following:
- Proven track record of scholarship at national and international levels
- Sound moral and unquestionable integrity and probity
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as a Professor
- Sound state of health
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Ability to generate and attract funds.
- Good understanding of the vision and mission of the University
- Be innovative, capable of inspiring advancement of learning and commitment to providing effective leadership
- Capacity for prudent management of resources
- Cognate administrative experience
- Track records that command the respect and loyalty of members of staff and students of the University
- Ability to foster the integration of all without discrimination based on race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religious and other acts of intolerance
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years only.
Conditions of Service
- Shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Federal Universities.
Age of Applicant
- Eligible candidates should not be more than sixty-five (65) years old at the time of assumption of office.
Deadline: 31st January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward soft (compact disc) and twenty-five (25) hard copies of their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of certificates.
Applications should be submitted, in sealed envelope marked at the top left corner “Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor”, to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Maiduguri,
P.M.B. 1069, Maiduguri,
Note: Candidates are to submit three (3) Referees Report, one of whom must be the candidate’s present or former Head of Department.